Thursday, September 23, 2010

God Give Me Strength!

     My sister is due in 39 days w/ a baby that is not supposed to survive.  He has been diagnosed w/ Trisomy 13.  Every time I talk about my sister or Jedidiah I end up in tears.  I read her blog & end up in tears.  Am I going to be strong enough for her when the time comes?  Am I going to be strong enough for her 6 kids to lean on & give them the guidance that our faith teaches?
    I feel strong when I talk to my sister & we go over her plans & wishes trying my best to help her achieve  what she desires most.  I hope I can be there for her, the exact way she wants me to be there for her.  I want to be her strength while she grieves when God takes Jedidiah home.  I know I will cry w/ her b/c I am already emotional now.   I am not looking forward to the end of October at all b/c of how hard it is going to be.  I know God has a plan.  This is my strength...the knowledge that God creates everyone for a purpose.  Our job is to trust that Jedidiah's purpose will be fulfilled.
      I know he has already touched many lives through his strength of making it to 35 weeks & his mom has touched many through her complete devotion & protection of him from any medical personnel or outsiders that have made comments toward the thought of ending his life before God has had the chance to make this miracle shine!
      I am so proud of my sister and even though she is three years younger, I look up to her in such a way I never have before.  I was always the one looking out for her & now she is showing me how to stand up & apart in walking a path she never would have chosen for herself.  She has grabbed the cross Christ has given her & she carries it w/ a heart only a mother could.  God Bless her!  I love you sis! & GOD GIVE US STRENGTH!

1 comment:

  1. I love you too.
    You will be just what God wants you to be when the time comes.
    You are selfless and confident- and it will all work out.
    Heading into October, I know that there will be plenty of worries on my mind. But one worry that won't be there is "are my kids being cared for?".

    ReplyDelete